Motor Vehicle Accidents
Detroit Motor Vehicle Accidents Lawyer
Michigan Car Accident Lawyers
If you are seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may have a compensation claim against the driver of the other vehicle. You may also have a claim against your own insurance company if they do not live up to their obligation to compensate you under Michigan’s no-fault auto insurance law. At Hopkins & Forhan, our car accident lawyers offer a free consultation to evaluate your case.
We represent clients throughout the Detroit metro area and surrounding communities in southeast Michigan who have been injured in:
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Pedestrian and Passenger Accidents
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims
We represent people who have suffered all types of injuries, broken bones, severed limbs, spinal cord and brain injuries, back and neck injuries, and burn injuries. We also represent family members in wrongful death cases.
What is Involved in Filing a Car Accident Claim?
The foundation of a car accident injury claim is providing proof that the reckless or intentional or negligent act of a driver caused the accident and your injury. The involvement of a motorcycle in an accident may raise issues that may not be present in a crash between cars. The involvement of a boat or semi-truck in an accident brings state and federal regulations of boats and trucks into the case.
Factors that go into proving fault in a motor vehicle accident include:
- Disobeying traffic signs or signals
- Speeding or driving significantly under the speed limit
- Disregarding weather or traffic conditions
- Driver distraction
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving too close to a motorcycle
- Disobeying motorboat speed limits
- Disobeying distance restrictions between boats
- A truck driver who is overly tired or working beyond regulated hours
- Truck driver who fails to check his blind spots
- Improper load weight or an improperly balanced load